My sisters were in town with their families from New Mexico and California so we headed down to Orem last weekend to spend time with them. It is CRAZY at the Porter house when the family gets together...mom and dad, 7 kids, 5 in-laws, 15 grankids, 2 dogs and a cat. I love being with my family, but I can barely hear myself think the whole time I'm there. The kids are running around like crazy, the TV is on, phones ringing right and left, and any door you open you are sure to find another baby trying to take a nap. And, needless to say, the house gets trashed! I told my dad, while I was helping him clean the kitchen, that I was sorry we always made their house such a mess. With no hesitation he said, "That's okay. Better messy than empty." That really hit me! How true...I feel so blessed to have so many people around me that know and love and support me. It's easy to get caught up in little things and forget about the important ones.

This trip to Orem was fun. We went to Bridal Veil Falls on Saturday night and cooked hot dogs on a little grill. The grill was really old and I was slightly worried about it exploding, but we survived. It was HOT and there were box elder bugs mating everywhere. Really weird, by the way. Kendall also got covered in ants when he walked by a tree to find some sticks. We went into the wading pool for a while, which was nice because of the heat. While we were playing in the wading pool, the
sun went behind the clouds and it got a little darker. Sammy instantly gasped and said, "Daddy, who turned the light off?" :) So cute. The water was a little too cold for Luke...he wasn't very happy, as you can see.


We also had fun with Betsy and Russ's cool new camera and took lots of pictures, including a lot of leap frog and jumping ones. It's amazing how entertaining that can be.
This trip to Orem was fun. We went to Bridal Veil Falls on Saturday night and cooked hot dogs on a little grill. The grill was really old and I was slightly worried about it exploding, but we survived. It was HOT and there were box elder bugs mating everywhere. Really weird, by the way. Kendall also got covered in ants when he walked by a tree to find some sticks. We went into the wading pool for a while, which was nice because of the heat. While we were playing in the wading pool, the
We also had fun with Betsy and Russ's cool new camera and took lots of pictures, including a lot of leap frog and jumping ones. It's amazing how entertaining that can be.
4 comments:
Cute! I love the new look. I always think it's so sweet when dad says stuff like that. Mom forgot to give you a Willow Tree that she got you for you B-day and I forgot to bring it to the Fam reunion. Let's not forget it when you come here on Saturday. Caleb just went outside to step on the break of the tribute so dad can check his hitch lights....I seem to remember someone else who thought she was 'stepping on the break' and ran into the side of a church. Hopefully we still have a laundry room when caleb is finished out there.
I am trying to catch up on everyone's blogs. I love them. It makes me want to snatch up those kids and kiss them though. I miss you. Love MOM
I noticed you chose not to include the picture of you choking poor Sammy for no reason. Probably wise.
Welcome to the bloggosphere! I hope there's no confusion over me and the other Adam. Probably good for me but not so good for him. : )
Post a Comment