So, the last day of November we moved into our house and it has been wonderful. Main highlights....
- my kids can cry and scream (as kids do) and I don't have to worry that I'm bugging everyone that lives by us
- When we want to go outside and play, we just walk out the door and we're in our own wonderful backyard...equipped with swingset and trampoline, which are just an added bonus
Here's Kendall and Luke playing in the freezing cold snow in the backyard.

- We have our own room. Sam has his own room. Luke has his own room.
- We sit now on a wooden chairs and a matching wooden table to eat our meals. No more camping chairs pulled up to a fold up table like we had for 3 months at the apartment.
- When 5 of my siblings and their spouses and children all came up to visit last night...we had room enough that they could all stay. SO FUN!
- It's ours. (well, I guess it's "ours" as much as it can be when the bank paid for 90% of it) Full of our stuff. Our own little piece of the earth. What a cool thing!
This is our new kitchen.

Here are the boys standing at the back door watching the snow coming down.

And here they are eating a snack at the bar.

We love the house and the neighbors are great. We have had so many people come over with goodies to introduce themselves and offer their help with this or that. It's been really great and makes me think that I need to remember to be that kind of neighbor back.
Christmas went great. Sam was so fun this year because he finally grasped the idea of it all. He was excited for Santa and helped me make cookies for him to put out on Christmas Eve. If you asked him what he wanted, he would tell you a "bike and big gum". "Big gum" just means a lot of gum. Anyway, Santa delivered- he's the man. Here's Sam on his new bike.

Luke was hilarious on Christmas morning, because he got some M&M's and juice boxes in his stocking and he was a happy camper the whole rest of the time. He wasn't really into opening anything else. He just wandered around looking at everything happening and being unwrapped, but just kept coming back to me for another sip of juice or M&M ( yeah, I know it was 6:30 in the morning...but it was Christmas, come on:) ). More of Christmas morning...


We went down to Orem for a few days after Christmas. My entire family was there which is so fun and crazy! 16 kids under 8 and 12 adults can messy up a house and down a lot of food really fast. Then, a bunch of them came up to our house last night and we stayed up until almost 2 AM playing Charades. It was so hilarous! I have to say that Abby definitely wins the prize for the most captivating performance...even if we never had a clue what she was acting out. :) Here's Betsy's turn at bat. What a fun game!

And here's some of the group trying to guess...

My big brothers, Ben and Joe, making us all some delicious sub sanwiches for lunch.

It has been a great month and a great year and we are feeling extremely blessed. Kendall has a great job, we have two healthy little boys, great extended family, a warm house, food in our tummies and clothes on our backs. We thank Heavenly Father everyday for this wonderful life we have been given. We feel His hand in our lives constantly and give thanks for the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, who was born and lived and died for us all. I owe Him so much, and yet he continues to give and give. I hope that I can do a little more this next year to show Him my appreciation.
10 comments:
Hannah! How exciting - looks like your house is great and you had an awesome Christmas! Looks like a lot of fun!
-Sarah
Wow your own house! I'm so jealous! We're renting a little 2 bedroom house right now, but at least we don't have to worry about crying kids waking up the neighbors. It's so fun keeping up with my old BYU buds. Happy New Year!
It's not my fault that none of you know the "macdonalds, macdonalds, kentucky fried chicken and a pizza hut" dance. Although I did look in the mirror and do my sign for McDonalds and I realized it doesn't look like an "m" at all.
"Most of my other posts have either been at my parent's house or using a laptop and a wireless connection that wasn't ours. :) I'm quite a fan of having my own internet connection."
The connection we have been "borrowing" hasn't been working lately, so we may have to get our own to play with... I have to say though, when we first heard that you and Kendall were "borrowing" someone's internet, we felt better about "borrowing" someone's as well. What does that say about us? : )
Nice house too! A lot more space that it looks on the outside. Nat even gave it the "President Hinckley says to buy a Modest Home" seal of approval. That was good for me to hear because I thought her definition of a modest home was a 900 square foot rambler with an attached lean-to bathroom.
What a great post!! I loved the updates...and LOVE your house!!! That must be so exciting...it's weird that we're finally "growing up!"
We had a blast hanging out with you and your family. I have to agree that Abby was the best one to watch at charades. In fact, she should come out with her own "how to do charades" video. It would be a blockbuster.
Thanks so much for letting us come and trash your house! We had sooo much fun. Your house is so awesome!! That has got to be the most fun we have ever had in a game of charades.
And thank you to Kendall for introducing us to CTR.
We love you guys!!
Hey~you guys do have a sweet new place. One day, we will be a little more settled too. Probably not soon, but one day. We are back in Cali and are loving the warmer weather. Thanks again for having us over. We had a lot of fun. It's nice to be able to get together and still have fun even though we rarely see eachother. Hope you guys had a good new year. Say hi to Kendall, does he check your blog?
Congrats on your new home! It looks awesome.
I am jealous of your all night charades game. It sounds like you guys had an absolute blast!
It is so weird so see everyone all grown up and with kids (plural!!). When Abby and Caleb get married and have kids I will officially be old. hehe
Considering how we met in KY it is ironic that I am the only one with no kids!! LOL
I am happy that you and your family are doing great. You guys are the best! Happy New Year!!
SO i gess you did not count me because im over 8 and I'm not quite 18. Thanks a lot.
Post a Comment