Friday, February 29, 2008

Oh boys!




The other day we were in the car driving somewhere. Kendall and I were talking and the boys were in the back. We stopped our conversation to listen to what they were saying because their giggles made us think it must be something pretty amusing. I couldn't believe what we heard. I just kept thinking...I am surrounded by boys! Even my babies are total boys! It went something like this...

Sam: " Luke, say 'poo poo'."
Luke: "Poo poo." Ha ha ha ha (They both giggle)
Sam: "Say pee pee."
Luke: (Amidst his laughter) "Pee pee." Ha ha ha
Sam: (This one really got them laughing) "Toot." Ha ha ha
Luke: "Toot." giggle giggle

Why is potty humor so dang funny? I just don't get it. My 1 and 2 year old sons get it. I don't know how they know that these things are supposed to be funny. It cracked me up to hear Sam teaching them to Luke though. They were having a great time! Oh boys!

P.S. Click here to see where I got the cute template! She has lots of cute ones and it was super easy to change it! Thanks!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

So I found that website too and after I picked my template, you and someone else had the same one! Man great minds think alike. I changed mine so we can be different.

P.S. My girls have all went through the "poop" stage too. Mia had fun just adding it after any word. I would ask her, "What's you're name?" She would say, "Mia (then pause and say) poop!" And of course giggle as if that was the funniest thing in the world.

malibumoons said...

that's hilarious. soon luke will be teaching the new babe how to say those things. thanks sam!

Andy Porter said...

Potty humor is as much a part of life as breathing. Sure the tendency to laugh at the sound of a fart can be suppressed, but that can be unhealthy. That may in fact be as unhealthy as suppressing the fart we all know you need to let loose. Sure it smells a little, but really can the strength of an awful stinky one trump the potential laughter that could bring you so much happiness?
Andrea
Ok so I wrote this,
Joe

Sarah said...

Check my blog--we love to say "poop" too!

Ashlee said...

OH dear. I can sympathize with being surrounded by boys. Jacks latest thing he thinks is hillarious is threatening me "mom... I'm a toot on you!" Not so funny.