Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thanks, Fam!

That's right...that is a smile! Brigg knows he's got the best family in the world.

We had so many people come visit us in the hospital and help us out...
Thanks, Mom, for waking up in the middle of the night to come up for Brigg's birth (sorry he didn't wait for you). Even more, thanks for taking care of Sammy and Luke while we were at the hospital. And thank you for doing laundry, sweeiping and mopping my floor and all the other misc. cleaning items as well as making meals and stocking up my kitchen with some fast-fixin meals. You're the best!! I wish you could stay at my house all the time.

It was so fun to visit with my Grandpa and Grandma Porter when they came to the hospital. I can't think of a big event in my life that they haven't been to and I feel so lucky to have them supporting me.
And we got a cute picture of them holding Brigg...
The same goes for Kendall's grandma. There's not a nicer person in the world and we know she'd do anything for us.

Thank you, Janice (and Steve) for coming to our house in the middle of the night so that we could head off to the hospital. Thanks for the meals and gifts and for loving our boys so much.

\

Somehow I didn't get pictures with grandpas, but Kendall's dad came up and brought Kendall some dinner which was nice. He wouldn't have missed the opportunity to come up and support us and meet the new baby.

My dad and Abby drove 2+ hours on Monday night to meet Brigg (and then turned right back around and drove 2+ hours back). It was way too short a visit for how long they had to drive, but it means a lot to me that they would take so much of their time just to come up and see us. Thanks, Dad! (and Abby)


And here's another one of our littlest guy. He didn't want to be put down for the first 5 or 6 days of his life which had me feeling a little stressed, because you can't get much of anything else done when you have to hold a baby all the time. But, he's seemed to snap out of that and does fine on his own for short periods. He's started to extend the time between feedings a bit which I am also grateful for. Every 1 1/2 - 2 hours gets old pretty fast. He's still sleeping quite a bit, but I love it when he's awake and looking around. Overall, he is a pretty content baby and already growing too fast.

5 comments:

Abby Marie said...

I can't believe you got such a perfect picture of him smiling!!! What a cutie! I think he kind of looks like Luke when he smiles. You're welcome. I thought it was fun--of course I wasn't the one driving :).

Andy Porter said...

Oh, he is so adorable. Hang in there...I know it can be really tough until they are in a routine. I hope you are feeling well.
Love,
Andy

Valerie said...

I tried to get Ben to leave last minute and come visit you in the hospital and turn around and come home. I really, really, really, wanted to be part of your "Thank You" blog. Dang it!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations Hannah! I LOVED reading your birthing story! I know that for SURE I will do it that way next time around. With BOTH my epidurals I got the spinal headache and I think my body is just no good for those things. Your boys are adorable! Congratulations and oh... I REALLY like the name Brigg.

Hannah said...

Val- Yeah, it really would have required a 12 hour drive for you guys to get a thankyou. Sorry. Maybe next time you can plan ahead and make the trip out. :)