Sunday, August 17, 2008

We blessed Brigg this weekend. Here he is wearing the same blessing outfit that Kendall and his brother wore and both of our other boys.




A bunch of my family came up Friday night and stayed all weekend with us! It was SO fun! I loved having so much of my family here for so long. We went to Bear Lake on Saturday and had a blast playing on the beach and taking turns on the boat (thanks Janice and Steve). Then we did a fire in our backyard and roasted marshmallows.


We also had a lot of fun watching the Olympics, playing Taboo, Pictionary and just hanging out. Abby used her newly acquired guitar skills to serenade us on the beach and we all sang around the campfire.

Some favorites from this weekend:
1. Kendall thinking the taboo buzzer was the timer.
2. Watching Betsy and Joe do their "hurry-scurry" busdriver faces
3. Joe turning the previous cow drawing into a pegasus.
4. Abby's frantic and jumbled mess of shapes and squiggles when she got nervous in Pictionary.
5. Caleb and his "seeing devices"
6. Listening to every moment of Michael Phelp's 8th gold medal race via my screaming, ooing, aaing, cheering family as I fed Brigg upstairs

What a fun weekend!




9 comments:

natalie said...

What a darling boy! He looks so different from just, what...a month ago? I'm so glad you had such a great time with your fam.

Andy Porter said...

Wow! You guys are awesome fast getting this weekend blogged already. I soooo needed a fun, relaxing, hilarious, weekend. I love being around your family. You are all so much fun. Thanks for cramming all of your family into your bedroom to give us the upstairs suite:) Addie is already asking if we can go back to your house tomorrow. Thanks for everything!!
~Andy

Ben Porter said...

Here's my addition to the hurry-scurry faces: "Hurry! hurry! Scurry! scurry!" I do a great Mrs Gailhouse impression, you just have to imagine it though. It's hecka funny!

Abby Marie said...

what is HECKA funny? Is that a California term? Could you find it in a dictionary?

Valerie said...

"Hecka" is totally a California word, along with "What eves". We're learning the lingo here and are thinking of inventing our own.

Hannah, Brigg is darling and it sounded like so much fun! Wish we could have been there but what eves!

Ben Porter said...

It's actually "whatevs" As in "whatever". and Hecka comes from "Hella", but believe it or not, the general public actually says hecka now rather than hella. Think of it like how the northerners say "wicked". Like "It was wicked hot." or "Thats wicked awesome!" Here, we say hecka hot and hecka awesome! PS if you never heard "hella" before, you should listen to more No Doubt!

Ashlee said...

Cute :) I just wanted to drop a little comment that you look GREAT Hannah! Did you have any baby weight at all?

Kathy said...

I totally can picture Ben doing Hurry Hurry Scurry Scurry with his mouth on the side. I'm cracking up! Thanks for the update on whats cool to say these days.Han, we had a great time! Bear Lake is my favorite beach place.
Laove ya
PS Laove is what cool Utahns say instead of love, especially the ones with 6 fingers on their left hands.

Sarah said...

Han--you look great! Also, Brigg has changed so much...I'm not sure who I think he looks like. Wish we could have been on the fun.