Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Felt flowers



We had a Primary activity recently where the kids put together felt flowers. I thought they turned out so cute, I wanted to share them. I'm especially loving them today because they look so springy and happy and it just adds to the 60 degree, sunny weather today!









I cut out a bunch of different flowers out of felt before the activity. I cut different shapes and sizes and colors. I put them all out on the table and each child chose two flowers, a stick (I got a pack of 125 skinny sticks from Hobby Lobby for $2.33), and a button (again, from Hobby Lobby, a tube of a bunch of random mismatched buttons for $1.99). Then, they just took some glue and glued the two flowers together with the stick in between them and then a button on top. It was fun to see the combinations the kids chose and some of them got creative, adding more buttons, etc. I took them home and let them dry and then made bouquets out of them using little plastic pots I got in a 3 pack at the dollar store, some of that styrofoamy green stuff (also from the dollar store), and some moss I had in my closet from a preschool activity on top. I am going to deliver them to the nursing home near here along with the cards the kids signed and hope they cheer up some people's rooms like they have my kitchen.


Really fun, easy, cheap and cute!

4 comments:

Tyler and Lisa said...

How stinking cute are those?!

Ashlee said...

Hannah! What an adorable idea! I think they will be a hit at the nursing home :) I wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog the other day too. It made my day :) Also... I'm not ignoring your questions about my diet. I will post an answer soon :) But I don't mind telling you now... I DID decide to become a vegetarian, and I am LOVING it. Thanks again for the cute idea!

Andy Porter said...

How cute! What a great idea to give them to the nursing home. You are super woman.

Jon and Melissa said...

So fun-I wish Henry had been able to go. He hasn't been to primary in over a month! Ahhh, I am going to have Jon help him learn the songs from the CD-thanks for that. Great idea. Hope all is going well for you guys.