Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our twice a week comedy club.

We signed Sam up for soccer. It's a 3-4 year old team and it's twice a week at the rec center (indoor). Pretty much you show up and they take a few minutes teaching the kids a skill. Then, they get into their teams and practice the skill for a bit and then they play about a 25 minute game. The whole thing lasts about 45 minutes and it. is. hillarious!
I try not to laugh out loud too much during the game, but I'm seriously dying inside pretty much the whole time. The highlight of Tuesdays game was when we made a goal and then one of the kids laid down on the ground (there's a lot of that going on for some reason) and started rolling across the floor and then 2 more team members laid down and started rolling with him. In the middle of a soccer game.



Here's a good action shot of Sam. He's on the tan team; they're called the "Rapids".







And then here's a big clump of kids all trying for the ball. Notice how they're all on the same team.



This little girl didn't want to play, so she laid down like this while the game played around her. There's also quite a bit of crying and just running off the court randomly to go sit with their family. Uncle Mason came to the last game to cheer Sam on!

I was thinking Luke might be sad that he didn't get to play soccer, but he does great and just sits on the side with us and plays with his toy. He's always excited to go watch Sam play soccer!




Brigg wants the soccer ball SO BAD! He is constantly squirming and trying to get down so he can immediately turbo crawl toward the closest soccer ball. Either that or he spends his time stuffing Sam's water bottle in his mouth trying to drink some.


Oh. And I forgot to tell you. Sam falls. A lot. I think it's a combination of thinking it's funny and his tennis shoes being a bit too big. One game I put some smaller shoes on him and he didn't seem to fall as much. Here's a little video. You can count 3 falls.


I can't wait until next Tuesday night.

5 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

hahah thats so awesome Hannah!!

malibumoons said...

wow, he does fall alot. good thing, they aren't bad falls. That is so cool that you are doing that with him. Great exercise too! Gets him pretty tired I bet. You guys seem to be doing great! Mason looks awesome.

Ashlee said...

Watching kids his age attempt stuff like this really is so funny. When I taught ballet my favorite class was the three year olds. I walked away from each and every class with a funny story to tell. So cute! And hey... at least he gets back up after he falls. That's what matters right?

Russell said...

So I don't think you should count that last fall as a "fall" per se. He was clearly shoved down by that giant girl with dark hair. Definitely not his fault.

Hannah said...

Russell, yeah, except that giant "girl" is a boy. We asked his mom.