Friday, June 19, 2009

Five

Five years we've been married.

So, to celebrate, our day went something like this....

Wake up WAY too early with too tired kids. Brigg wakes up. Poop out the back. Laundry, meals, errands. Sam finds the paint brush I had wrapped in Seran Wrap on the dresser (we're doing Brigg's room) and begins to paint the walls... and ceiling. Yes. The ladder was also up and he climbed it to the top. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Luckily, I caught it fast enough and that was all it took. Note to self: Never leave a paint brush and a ladder out!

Go to switch some laundry and see that the washer has a thick layer of white goo along the walls, above the clothes. What in the wold?! Then I see that I apparently washed a pull-up with the clothes and I understand the mess. So, I proceed to wipe out little "inside of a diaper" goo balls off of the washer walls and then, one by one, shake. out. every. piece. of clothing that was in the washer. Goo balls everywhere. Note to self: Never do that again!

Kendall comes home from work and he has these for me. Sweet.



Go to Elders quorum BBQ for dinner. Hot dogs with chili and Chips for a side. Elegant. Get eaten alive by mosquitos while we have a good time socializing. The kids have fun digging in the sand volleyball court.

Go home and get kids to bed. I go out for a run. Then, Kendall leaves to swim laps at the pool.

Finally. 10:30 and we're done. Kendall made us a tray of all kinds of chocolate covered fruit. Yum. We sit down and watch "So you think you Can Dance" and eat up.

"Happy Anniversary!" he says, in a 'what a pathetic anniversary' kind of way.

"To you too!" I reply with a smile.

And then I think about the day for a minute.

And I tell him that I love our life and that I wouldn't change a thing. That everything is exactly as it should be.

And I mean it.

7 comments:

stubz said...

Hannah - you're the best!

Andy Porter said...

Very well written. Happy Anniversary!

adamf said...

Congrats! We totally see you two as our elders in marriage. We have a lot to learn from both of you!

Hannah said...

Yes, Adam, it is true that the six month head start we have on you has made us very wise. Just keep trying to learn as much as you can from us...you will catch up someday. :)

Valerie said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't life great?

adamf said...

That's a 6 month gap that we will never close! Eternally speaking, you will always have 6 months more! :)

Lindsi said...

I like the new layout.

I like diaper goop balls in my dryer.

I think I'm gonna skip the kids and marriage thing.

I thought of you on your anniversary.

It's the day after DJ and Ashley's birthday so I always remember.

See ya later.