
When we pulled up to his school this morning, he hopped out of his seat, grabbed his backpack and opened the door. As he was putting on his backpack and leaving the van he said,
"Thanks Mom! Gotta Rumble...." and shut the van door and ran up to the porch.
I pulled away laughing to myself and thinking, 'Aren't kids supposed to miss their parents...have a hard time leaving them...stuff like that?' Oh. And I also was thinking, 'Where did he learn gotta rumble?'
Sam's a good boy. He's really been into service lately and takes such delight when he's able to do something helpful around the house. I was also almost in tears when Sam sang almost an entire Primary song in FHE the other night. It was one that they're learning in Primary, but we haven't sung much at home. He does listen in Primary!
He also really loves to tell stories. He's gotten into this more lately. He is so imaginative and comes up with some great ones, but the problem is that now he's moving that over into his real life. I ask him how school went and he starts telling me a whole story about taking a rocket to the moon and things like that. We keep having to remind him that we want what really happened, not a story.
He's a great big brother. He and Luke couldn't live without eachother, though sometimes they can barely live with eachother too. They're best friends. And Sam watches out for Brigg a ton. He's always sure to tell me if he sees Brigg doing something dangerous or if he puts something in his mouth.
I don't know what we'd do without our Sam. It's a joy to watch him grow.
5 comments:
I was showing my roommate from China your blog and your cute boys and she pats me on the shoulder and says "you can have babies too". HAHAHAHAH funny. I think Sammy gets his story telling from his dad. I've heard Kendall tell wild stories like that a time or two :)
you should write down his stories - even the really short ones.
Kiss yhose adorable boys for me. Love you
Mom
I love these posts about your individual boys- you'll be so glad you wrote down these details about each of them. They sure are cuties. You have a sweet family.
I'd leave a comment but I can't... gotta rumble.
That kills me. :)
Post a Comment