We've been wanting to do a family vacation. Kendall was getting especially itchy for a break and we knew we'd do it some time this summer. Well, when we really sat down to look at it, we realized we were extremely limited with Kendall's school schedule. Pretty much the 24th of July weekend was our only option (at which time I will be something like 30 weeks pregnant)....or Memorial Day weekend. We were realizing this the week before Memorial Day. We looked at our schedule...Sam will be done with preschool, I don't have sharing time on Sunday, and Kendall has the weekend off of school. On Wednesday, Kendall cleared it with his boss and on Thursday, we left.
Before we left our house, we booked a hotel in Las Vegas. We would drive that far the first night. That was all we really knew. We booked the Excalibur, because we thought the boys would love sleeping in a castle. They did.
We felt very out of place trekking through the casino at 10:00pm with our three kids and a stroller packed with stuff. I don't think I've ever felt so stared at. We took a picture to remember.
That night we got on our laptops to make a plan for the rest of the trip. In the morning, after a little walking and a little swimming, we got back in the car to make our way to San Diego.
SeaWorld
Here are some pictures of Sea World.
On Sunday, we went to a Sacrament meeting and then spent the afternoon at the beach and Seaside Village in the evening. The boys loved the beach! Luke brought home a bunch of shells that he's cleaned and put in a jar. Brigg sometimes, randomly, just says, "Beach. Water. Sand." Here are the beach pictures
More on the vaction below....























7 comments:
Re: Kendall in college and HS, you forgot Junior High. He was a total slacker then too. KEEP IT UP! :)
I don't know how you all handall this (LOL! sorry for the lame pun) but it's inspiring. We're struggling to get by with school and just two kids. It's hard!
Ha ha. You're probably totally right, Adam! Though, you'd be proud of him these days...he's really been enjoying his classes. He even comes home and tells me about some of the things they discussed in class. It's totally weird!
I don't believe it. Kendall, talking about things he LIKES in school? Wow. Are they talking mostly about what deals you can get at stores around town?
gaaa Hannah!That vacation looked so fun! You were right by my work and I didn't even know it! :-( and I dont think I told you this and not to burst your bubble..but I guess for future use..I work for Marriott so I could get you stinking awesome dicounts AND I can get discounts on Sea World and Disneyland :-( So now you know! and dont ever be shy to ask! I hope you had a blast though
I love the picture with the 3D glasses--especially cute little Briggy boy.
How fun! You are so cute pregnant... have I ever told you that? I'm so glad you guys got to get away! This makes me want to go to Sea World badly. Jack would LOVE to see those sharks!
just by looking at the pictures that looks fun!
Brynn
Post a Comment