Sam wasn't happy about that and started to cop an attitude with us.
We weren't happy about that and sent him to his room for some time to cool off.
In his room, we have a little art table where we keep coloring books, paper and crayons for the boys to use whenever.
Well, as we're getting ready for bed, Sam hands me a paper from his art table. He tells me he drew it when he was in time out when he was mad because we wouldn't let him play the Wii. I look at the picture and can pretty well tell what it is, but I ask him anyway. Here's the picture...
He says, "It's you and Dad. And you're 'ex-ded' because you weren't my parents anymore."
Yesterday, we found Sam with his bike on the trampoline, riding it in circles around and around. He was apparently prepping for some "big trick" which we never saw because we made him get off. (As a side note, we found out about the trampoline bike riding because we heard Luke saying, "Sam, that's not safe!" over and over.) We also laughed over our shoulders because we thought it was a pretty hilarious idea that was so something Sam would do.
Tonight, he was riding his bike on the trampoline again. This time, it wasn't funny. We had told him the night before that bikes don't belong on trampolines. And so, he went to his room as a consequence of disobedience. Later in the night, I walked through his room and saw another picture on the table...
As you can see, we have been "ex-ded" again.
But at least we're still smiling. And Kendall has awesome hair.
And Sam starts Kindergarten two weeks from tomorrow.
I'm not sick of him, but he is apparently so sick of me. He will really enjoy having some time away to be with friends and feel more independent.
Maybe it will even convince him not to fire us as his parents. We'll see...


5 comments:
Hahahahahha! Oh that Sam. Checking your blog was a great way to start my morning today! This was SO funny and made me think of equally funny Sam stories like that ridiculous picture of him in the chair... you know... the "it's a bit rough on my back.." one. Hahhahahaha! I can't wait to show this to Corey :)
Wish we were closer... would love to talk 'sending the first born to school...' over with you!
It's so hard to keep from smiling when kids do things like that. I can't believe that Sam is going to school! Yippee skippy!
This is the most hilarious thing! The x over your pics is great. Sam is a crack-up--drawing a picture is supposed to be a great anger coping mechanism.
BAHAHAHAH that is so funny, I laughed for hours...okay seconds really, but still SO FUNNY.
That's the funniest thing I've heard for a long time. I can think of some people I would like to ex-ded.
Post a Comment