Monday, August 30, 2010

Kindergarten!

Sam started Kindergarten!

On the first day of school, he came downstairs to the kitchen already completely dressed, shoes on, ready to go. He was SO excited and SO adorable! 
I wanted to take some pictures before we headed off...
He's already starting the whole goofy-weird-little-boy personality.  I remember my little brother going through it from age 4 to like 13. So, Sam made all kinds of faces for these pictures.
Then, I made him do a mostly normal one....

Then, he said, "Here, take one of me pretending to start walking to school."
Which also shows off his Nikes which he's been dying to finally be able to wear.

As soon as the school was in sight, Sam turned back to me and said, "okay! There is it...bye!" But, I told him no way, this is his first day of Kindergarten, I was walking him all the way to his classroom (whether he wanted/needed it or not!).  All the days since, I have just dropped him off at the curb and he runs full speed in the front doors and gets himself to his classroom.

His school is only 2 1/2 hours, which I'm super glad for. It would be hard to have a full day of school at this age.  He comes home tired and starving and I can't imagine him being gone another 3 hours from home.

Yea for school! 

1 comment:

Andy Porter said...

How fun!! He looks so grown up! I love his"pretend to walk to school" look. Ha ha ha..