Just thinking about tonight when Brigg (he's being the Statue of Liberty here) was crying and crying in his bed, supposed to be going to sleep. I come in and between sobs he says, "I didn't kiss you!" I walk over and sit on his bed and he puts his hands on my head and pulls me over and gives me kisses on the cheek...."ma! ma! ma!" And then says, "I love you all the way to China." And then I kiss his cheek and he giggles and smiles his sweet smile where his huge eyes turn to slits. Especially neat from a boy that has been sad and tired and trying to figure out his place in the family as the not-the-baby-anymore.
Just thinking about when Brigg tripped on the sidewalk at the library today and laid there crying. I set Dodge's car seat down to run and help Brigg. Luke was beside me and started to come with me toward Brigg, but then stopped and turned and looked at Dodge and went to him instead. He knelt down at his car seat, talking to Dodge and rocking his seat until I was able to come back over with Brigg.
Just thinking about watching Sam just sitting on the couch watching a movie tonight. He was laughing at the movie and seemed so old. Earlier today, he started talking about a candy count down that I did last year for Christmas. How does he remember these things? And then I think about how I can remember things from when I was 5. And that makes me think about a whole lot of other things....like what I want his memories to be like.
Just thinking about watching Kendall mimicking Dodge's baby coos to him today. And how excited he was when Dodge was smiling at him. And how the whole family gathers 'round when Dodge is smiling to try and catch a glimpse and try things that will make him smile again.
Just thinking about what a blessed life I lead.




3 comments:
Amen, sista! Just thinking how I wish we were all neighbors...
Hannah, you are an inspiration! I love how you see the good things in life. Your post was so cute I read the whole thing aloud to Jonathan. Thanks for the reminder to realize our blessings.
this was so tender!
Post a Comment