The other day, Sam asked me, "Do you want to hear the story of how me and Jude became buddies?" Jude is a boy at school. I said sure and Sam told me the story. It went something like this...
"It all started on the first day of school. We threw the ball around and you said your name. That's when I knew his name was Jude. Then we went to recess and he did all the same things as me on the playground. I climbed on top of the monkey bars, he climbed on top of the monkey bars. I went down the fireman pole, he went down the fireman pole. I went down the dangerous slide, he went down the dangerous slide. And that's how we became buddies."
When it's bathroom cleaning day, he and Luke fight over who gets to clean the toilets.
He loves having his own room. I think it's been good for him to have a place to be on his own sometimes. Dodge will be moving in soon, but it's been fun for him for a while.
He's been at school for almost 5 months and has only gone to the "Refocus Room" 3 times. Two of which were in the same day. I don't want you to think I'm being sarcastic here. I'm really feeling proud of him. I was nervous how he'd do at school and I think he has done Awesome. He's really growing up a lot.
When I sit down at the table to do homework with Sam, Luke is never far behind. He usually grabs a piece of paper and pencil and sits at the table with us. He will do homework too...whatever letters Sam is writing, he'll write on his paper too, etc.
He loves his preschool and is quite the ham with his friends. He just wants to make them laugh and he does.
It seems like he's growing before my eyes lately. He's been getting taller and stronger and learning to hold his own against Sam.
It was so sweet...the other day, I was getting pieces of a grapefruit and giving one to Luke, then one to Brigg. I had another half that I planned on sharing with Sam, but Luke didn't know that. When he saw I was down to the last piece, he said, "I don't want that, Mom. I'm done." I said, "Oh, why?" And he said, "You can just give that one to Sam." What a sweetie! He was giving up his last piece so that Sam could have one.When asked to choose something, he will be heard singing, "Eenie Meenie Mo, Catch a Tiger Mo."
We're still waiting on the potty training. He seems to be getting back to himself lately and I think it will come.
He loves it when I'm teaching Luke's preschool because then he can do everything with us. He does great! He keeps up with all the 4 year olds and surprises me at how well he recognizes his letters.
He's funny.
He's also completely 2. He is the reason that the erasers are bitten off every pencil in our house and every crayon has been broken in half. He also likes to swallow things that he shouldn't and occasionally flush things down the toilet.

My day doesn't feel complete until I've gotten some good giggles out of this boy.
He is officially into his 3-6 months clothes.
His left eye has a clogged tear duct, so it is watery and/or goopy all the time.
He has Kendall's feet. When he was blessed, I tried to put on the little white shoes that all his brothers have worn when they were blessed. They wouldn't fit. His feet were too big.
Love these boys!



3 comments:
They are the best. That's a good perspective to look at Sam's 3 refocus room's as actually a lot better than it could have been.
They are so darling. Maybe Dodge will be the biggest of them all. Your boys are growing so fast and doing so well in everything. You should be proud!
Oh, BTW, thanks so much for the Gingerbread boy book. We love reading books and that is a favorite!
Post a Comment