Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Race


 I ran a half marathon. See me in that picture? Right next to the big cow. Funny...i don't remember seeing that cow there when I passed the finish line.

 I am in these pictures.
 My little sister, Abby ran the race too. She signed up first and then I did later. Then I wanted to quit , but Kendall encouraged me not to.  So, I trained as much as I could and ran it.  And guess what... I finished it! And I wasn't last either. I did it in 2 hours and 35 minutes. Longer than the last half I ran 4 years ago, for sure. But, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Also, there were a lot of hills on this course. Like, a lot.  I didn't know that was going to happen.  I've been sore.
But, I did it. And I got that green shirt right there. See?

6 comments:

Abby Watson said...

That's my "yeah we did it" pose. Kendall was right, yours is better. I kind of look like I'm doing a "look at my muscles, I'm going to beat you up" face. I'll work on it.

Ziegler Family said...

Awesome Job!! Someday I will run a half marathon. You guys are always so inspiring!

Unknown said...

WOW, go you!!! that's awesome and you don't even look like you've been running for 2 1/2 hours!!! that's amazing!

Valerie said...

You did it amazing momma of 4! I would have done it just to get that rockin' green shirt!

Allyson said...

Hannah- that's awesome! And you have the shirt to prove it. Good for you!

Michelle Merrill said...

Way to go you two! That's awesome. I hope to be able to run a race one day. A half marathon sounds good. Maybe after I've had all my kids and I actually have time to go running. Hmmm. I guess that could be a while :) Good job! I like the green shirts.