Saturday, September 24, 2011

A move. School, school, school.

We are alive!  I haven't had a camera for weeks because it ended up packed in some random box and we just discovered it.  

Here's our move in a nutshell....We packed up in Logan.  We had all kinds of drama getting a Uhaul because Kendall's license was expired.  I ended up picking up a Uhaul in Logan and driving it through town! But, it worked out and we had lots of people come help us pack up the truck. THANKS!  Then, I spent 8 hours the next day packing up all the random stuff that didn't make it in a box before and cleaning the house.  That was not a fun day. 

Kendall drove down with the truck while I was still cleaning in Logan.  He pulled into our new driveway and there was a swarm of people there to help unload.  He said they had the back opened before he even got out of the front.  THANKS!  

There's a lot to report on the millions of projects we've had and continue to have on this house.  We've had a lot of people help us with those things as well.  THANKS!

But, for now, I will report that school has started (ahem. A month ago).  


This guy (the big one, not the little one) is in his last semester of his MBA.

Hallelujah!

This one started an official preschool!  We were lucky enough to find an opening just a couple of streets over!  Luke's loving going to preschool 3 days a week. 
(picture off my phone...not so good)

Isn't it horrible that I don't have on official school picture of this guy? We stayed with my grandparent's for the first week of his school.  It was shortly before we were able to close on the new house, so we stayed with them and drove Sam over to school each day that first week. I didn't have any kind of camera with me that week.  But, here he is anyway.  An official 1st grader and gone way too much of the day.   


 This little one started a Mom's preschool co-op in our new neighborhood.  He loves the chance to head off to his own school twice a week.  I already taught last week and it's a cute group of kids.  There are 9 of them, though! Phew.  That takes some energy.


We're loving our new place and have been welcomed with open arms in our new neighborhood.  We love having the park just 4 doors down and Kendall comments almost everyday how grateful he is for the nice commute.  We also love being close to the city and  have some plans for taking the train into downtown to play soon.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

It sounds like things are working out great- after a ton of work! I'm happy you're on that end of things, and that school is working out so well.

Ben Porter said...

Wow, your park has a door on it? It sounds like it's down the hall in an apartment building. Weird image. Congrats on the new house!