It's that time of year again! This year, living so close to Salt Lake made our annual tradition of Temple square and Gandolfo's on Main Street much easier! We just went on a Wednesday after Kendall got home from work, spent plenty of time there, and got back home for an only slightly late bedtime. It was a great night!
We figured that this is the 9th year eating at that table at Gandolfos! It's a great spot to sit and watch Trax pass by and people walking and lighted trees. Kendall and I randomly ended up there for lunch once during the Christmas season when we were dating and thought it was neat enough to keep coming back every year.
![]() |
| Gandolfos 2011 |
Temple square was not too crowded since we could go midweek. We spent some extra time in the large visitors center this time. We were surprised how interested the boys were in the exhibits....especially those that had little videos that told stories from Christ's life or the scriptures. We will be heading back there again soon to see what we couldn't catch this night.
![]() |
| Luke and Brigg enthralled in the big model of Jerusalem where it lights up to show you where different events in Christ's life happened. |
![]() |
| This is Kendall's favorite spot on Temple square. We always go walk through the tunnel of red trees. (I have no idea how to make a picture work in this lighting.) |
![]() |
| Yeah, they were crawling around the bottom of the Christus statue. I picked them up after we took this picture....it felt a little irreverent. |
And, we also got our lights and decorations put up around here....








4 comments:
Your tree looks SOOO good right there! So Christmas-y.
How in the heck did I miss 3 posts?! Your house looks like a mansion. I thought you were joining the Ben Porters and getting a tiny house? Just kidding. That's one thing I miss about Utah-big houses. Looks great! Can't wait to see your house in person -yeah this is me inviting myself!
Yeah, you're not invited to come to our house! :) J/K I hope you're able to come see it when you're in Utah. It's right by grandma/pa Porter's. But, it's not a mansion. Don't expect too much. :)
That sounds super fun. I love your tradition in SLC. So fun. Your family is so cute- and looks so happy.
Post a Comment