Friday, February 3, 2012

Focus

Luke's been working on some things lately.  In fact, he's almost always working on things.  For a little guy, he sure can sit and focus on something for a long time and he doesn't like leaving things until their done.  

Just a few examples....

-Luke loves the game Munchables on the Wii.  Pretty much, you are a munchable who goes around eating all these different food creatures (ie: little corn guys that hop around) until you fill up on them and then you fight one of the bosses.  The bosses are things like a giant broccoli, rice, grapes, etc.  Anyway, Luke loves it and one day he decided he wanted to use his new art set and draw all of the bosses and color them with his oil pastels.  And so it began.  This took a good week to week and a half.  He had me draw the outline of some of them and some of them he drew, but he colored them all while staring at the case to make sure he got all the colors just right.  When he had finally finished all the bosses, he wanted to hang them on his wall.  We got some sticky tack and I asked him how he wanted them put up.  He told me exactly how to put them up and it wasn't until we were done that I realized he had put them up exactly as they are on the case, by memory.







Another day, Luke had gone downstairs to play.  A while later, he came and told me to see what he made, so I went down and found this....




He set up a whole city. He built the tracks and the trucks were driving along them on their own. He sorted the soft blocks by color and made them into skyscrapers and then found misc toys to add to the town...a dinosaur and frog, a tent, airplane and he said that tracing projector was a satellite.

He can sit and play Legos or play-doh or K'nex for hours.  I will print some worksheets off and give them to Brigg and Luke to do a few days a week.  He always  says, "I love work pages!"  We gave him a United States quarter book thing for Christmas and he loves looking at all the quarters he finds to see if it's one he needs for his collection.  He has some serious focusing skills and I think that's neat!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Luke and I think alike! I'm one of those people who have to finish what they started. I think that is an awesome quality to have. I think I just inadvertently called myself "awesome" but really meant that Luke is "awesome". He really is.

Betsy said...

He's a thinker--I love that type!

Abby Watson said...

Holy cow, I missed this post. He's pretty amazing!