Monday, August 20, 2012

Random summer fun

I've got lots of random events that occurred throughout the summer that I need to document.  Here are a few...

My friend, Christy, hosted a cute "sidewalk chalk festival".  The kids all got a square of sidewalk and a bucket of chalk and got to decorate it.  Cute idea! 
Luke, of course, did Mario.  He even came prepared with that Mario picture we had printed and he colored, so he could look off it to know what to draw. 

Sam's is Spiderman's head and then he took a lot of time filling in the whole block, half white and half blue. 

Hmmm...this cool one is apparently Luigi.  He's got his own artistic vision. :)


The last day before school started, we went to Red Butte Gardens.  We always enjoy going here and it was "free day", so it was even better.  It was a great way to spend the last day of summer break. 
We spent a good amount of time rolling down this hill. 



Don't you love that pose they came up with?


This was another spot where we spent a lot of time.  This sand is really fine and almost soft. And red.  


I sure do love my little family!

2 comments:

Abby Watson said...

They are so funny! That pose was great.

Andy Porter said...

I am totally wanting to do a sidewalk chalk festival now! Such a cute idea:)