Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Injuries

Well, we've had out share of injuries lately...

Brigg cut open the back of his head when he hit in on the edge of the coffee table. It went a little something like this....
I was helping Sam study his spelling words. Brigg and Luke were in the living room running around and being loud.  Then, Dodge had to go potty, so I went and sat on the edge of the bath tub to help him, while yelling spelling words down the hallway to Sam, while Luke and Brigg yelled and played just down the stairs. Chaos. Noise.  (A frequent theme in this house).  When Brigg came up the stairs crying loudly, I told him to quiet down and give me a minute.  Then, I see that he's bleeding.  Ugh. Not a wonderful mommy moment. 

Luckily, Kendall came home shortly after and helped me shave around the wound so we could flush it out and put some steri strip on. It healed up just fine. 

Then, about a month later, we were at my parent's house.  Brigg had gone downstairs to get his Dream Light that he'd left in the basement.  Suddenly, he was screaming and when he gets to the top of the stairs, I see blood streaming down his face.  He had slipped and hit his forehead on the edge of the table down there. Luckily, my mom was there with her awesome First Aid bag.  She cleaned it, pinched it shut and super glued it.  Oy!


This boy hurt his left pointer finger for the 2nd and 3rd time.  Last year, he sliced it in the lid of a tin can that I had just put into the garbage can. We took him to urgent care and they cleaned it up and super glued it shut.  Next, we were at Home Depot on a Friday night and the boys were wild.  Dodge ended up slamming his finger in a sample shower door.  It bled under the nail and, eventually, the nail fell off.  Most recently, while the nail was still growing back and the scar on the tip was there from the other cut, he cut a super thin slice off the tip with the little razor blade thing inside Luke's microscope kit. I had put him in the room for a time out when he crawled under the bed and got the kit out.  It bled like crazy and I was so flustered about all these injuries, I had to call Kendall and ask if he could take him in and handle this one. It just needed a bandage for a few days, no big deal. 

No comments: