I like to look on Pinterest to get ideas when I'm looking for something specific. Sometimes, I look on Pinterest when I'm not looking for something specific, but want to avoid doing the dishes for a few more minutes. I like it. However, I often chuckle to myself when I really look at the things in my house that I've incorporated from Pinterest. They're never quite the same. Here are a few examples that I currently have in my house....
Family to do list.
We've actually been doing this for almost 2 years now and I love it! It's a tradition I hope we'll always continue. We make a Fall/Winter to do list and then a Spring/Summer to do list. We do it as a family. I'm usually the scribe and then we all draw pictures all over it of the things that we just put on the list. This list ensures that we are doing lots together as a family....having fun and making memories and not forgetting to do those things when life gets busy. Because we made a to do list and we want to be able to mark them all off! Sometimes the kids want to add things like "Go to Disneyland", but if we know Disneyland isn't in the cards that year, we'll decide to put "Go to an Amusement Park" because we know Lagoon is closer and cheaper and definitely something we want to do. Anyway, here is a picture of one of the ideas that I've seen for this...
The original one I saw was printed out at Costco and put in a frame and it was adorable. Here's our current to do list.... :)
In the past, I've at least had a poster board. When it was time to make this one, the only thing big enough that I had was wrapping paper. So, I cut some off and we wrote on the back. Not exactly what I saw on Pinterest. :)
Potty Chart.
Dodge is potty training right now. He was needing some motivation and I knew a potty chart and some stickers would do it! Here are a few potty charts I've seen on Pinterest....
Here's what Dodge's looks like.....
I took some computer paper and wrote "Dodge's Potty Chart" on top. Then, he just puts a sticker on there whenever he goes. Beautiful! :) I don't think this will be displayed on Pinterest anytime soon.
Last one is a Job Jar. I have this and use it sometimes as a consequence for bad behavior and sometimes as a "let's all get some cleaning done before we leave" kinda thing. Here's the pinterest ideas...
Adorable. And here's our homely job jar...
Ha. Makes me laugh!





3 comments:
Ha! I love it Hannah...it's totally real life.
That is awesome. I actually like your real life ones better. They make doing more projects and fun things seem more attainable. You are really such a great mom.
I love it!
Post a Comment