About six years ago, we started reading the Book of Mormon with our kids. We had a 1 and a 2 year old at the time and I think we read about 2 verses a night then. We progressed a little bit until every person (now 6 total) was "reading" a verse each night. It takes a long time to get through a book that way. :) At the beginning of this year, we made a goal to finish the book this year. We started pushing for a chapter each time we sat down. So, by August, we had finished! Yea! The deal was, when we finished, we would go to Lagoon. I can't find any Lagoon pictures except for this one of Dodge asleep on the Skyride. I'm so glad that we could read through the Book of Mormon as a family, even if it took 6 years! I hope this is just the first of many times.
Friday, August 23, 2013
The Book of Mormon
About six years ago, we started reading the Book of Mormon with our kids. We had a 1 and a 2 year old at the time and I think we read about 2 verses a night then. We progressed a little bit until every person (now 6 total) was "reading" a verse each night. It takes a long time to get through a book that way. :) At the beginning of this year, we made a goal to finish the book this year. We started pushing for a chapter each time we sat down. So, by August, we had finished! Yea! The deal was, when we finished, we would go to Lagoon. I can't find any Lagoon pictures except for this one of Dodge asleep on the Skyride. I'm so glad that we could read through the Book of Mormon as a family, even if it took 6 years! I hope this is just the first of many times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment