Bear Lake
A few weeks ago we went to Bear Lake with Kendall's family. It was really fun! It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful and blue that lake is. If you've never been there, I recommend going. The beach is fun and great for kids because it stays shallow forever. We bring the watercrafts right up and walk out there to get on. Fun! I got up once on the wakeboard which was fun and several times on the kneeboard. Though, my little sister, Abby, showed me up by doing a 360. I tried and was oh so close, but never could reach my arm around far enough. Maybe I just have shorter arms. Next time I'm with Abby I'm going to compare arm length.


5 Year Reunion
My fellow SCOs and I pulled together a little celebration of our 5 years post high school. I was quite nervous having never done this before and really not knowing how many people to expect or what they would expect from the reunion, etc. I have to say that I dropped the ball on the number of loaves of bread purchased, but we made a few extra cuts (Thanks, Becky, for being so chill and confident about that situation) and it turned out fine. Bread fiasco aside, the whole thing actually turned out great. It was really fun to see people and I think everyone had fun chatting and catching up. We actually made a profit too, which will help start out the next one in just 5 more years! Adam, Russ, Ashley...we still make quite a team!
Half Marathon
This was a huge deal for me! I have been training all summer, but about 2 weeks before the race my knee started bugging me. Then Luke was in the hospital and I didn't run. Bottom line is my training really suffered those last few weeks before the race which made me really nervous about how it was going to go. We stayed the night at a hotel in Logan (I thought we would have been living there by then when I signed up for it). I woke up about 5:00 am and drove to a park (the finish line) to catch a bus to the starting line. On the bus trip I was getting more and more nervous because it seemed to be taking forever and I wasn't sure that I could run so far back! At the starting line, they had like 14 port-a potties lined up and everyone was anxiously in line to use one. You would have thought they were something quite desirable. It was funny, but don't think I didn't follow suit. I stretched and pumped myself up for a bit and then it was about time for the race to start. We all lined up behind the starting point. It was just a big herd of people doing last minute stretches, preparing their iPods, timers on their wristwatches or hopping up and down to keep their stretched muscles warm... the adrenaline and excitement was tangible. This is the point where I really got excited. By the time the official whistle blew, I had a perma-grin on my face. I honestly was just smiling the first few minutes because the whole thing was so exciting. The race was amazing! The first 7 miles were through the canyon with a breeze at our back, shaded by the trees and downhill. Wonderful! Coming out of the canyon we turned on this little country road that winded through kind of a rural neighborhood, eventually up onto a main road for a stretch and then the tough uphill for a bit. My husband and boys were a two different places along the route cheering me on, which was fun. Things were going really great and I was surprised at how good I felt. Mile 11 was the toughest and the only time I walked at all. By mile 12 I could see the finish line in the distance and pushed myself into the end. I finished in 2:09 which I am dang proud of. The whole experience was so neat! It was one of the most empowering things I've done and I am so glad that I did it. I was sore for the next four days and could barely go down the stairs, but it was worth it.

Moving Day
Our house officially closed!! There was way too much drama to list and we really didn't know if it was going to happen until it actually happened, but it is official. We are no longer home owners. We had two crazy, long days of packing and moving and now we are in an apartment in Logan. We got a Uhaul, storage unit and apartment all finalized the same day we needed them. I am amazed that everything worked out! We are enjoying renting while we find a house up here...no maintenance or yard work and a lot less house to clean. Plus, Kendall got to work in 15 minutes this morning. Amazing!

The Drama
I just wanted to list off the things that happened to us in August....garbage disposal broke and had to be replaced, fridge broke and had to be repaired, dryer broke, car broke down, put another $200 into the same car to get it to pass inspection, Luke was in the hospital, a bunch of drama with the sale of the house, the dishwasher had and issue, car broke down again (turned out to be just out of gas:)), computer crashed, Sam clogged the toilet with what turned out to be a small bottle of conditioner (we only found it after completely taking the toilet off)... and then it was September. It was a whirlwind of a month, not to mention an expensive one. We feel really great about being in Logan and having made it through the crazy time that was August 2007.
9 comments:
Wow-putting all that stuff in one post really amplifies the craziness of it all. Congrats on selling the house, and on the race!
Wow - what a month! I feel like August just flew by! I am so excited you did a 1/2 marathon! My sister did one that same week! After I have this next baby, I am hopefully going to train for one (if I can talk myself into it again!). Anyway, what a relief to sell your house, Micah would die to live in an apartment again - no maintenance! I am glad to hear that Luke is doing fine - I was really nervous for you guys! Anyway, I hope everything is going well now and calming down a bit for you! Hopefully we'll talk soon!
GREAT JOB on the RACE! That is an impressive time! 1/2s are such a fun distance and you are absolutely right. They are so empowering!
Great job at the reunion...I can't wait for the 10 year.
And holy cow, crazy August! I don't know how you survived and ran that race! Rock on!
wow. That was a lot of stuff. I'm pretty sure your arms are shorter, but that's not an excuse. Obviously I'm just more athleticer and more cooler. And more smarter.
Great job on the 1/2 marathon Hannah!! You've inspired me. Hopefully I'll follow suit next year.
Craaaazy August. Wow. Good for you to make it all through.
I'm most pleased that your house sold. I was anxious for you. I'm also quite humorously entertained when you talked about walking down stairs after your race. haha.
Hi Hannah and Kendall! I got your blog address from Lindsi.. you guys are so cute. Sounds like it was a pretty eventful summer for you guys. I'm glad your little boy is doing good. Your kids are adorable! Congrats on your half marathon!
-Kim Crane
Hey Hannah! It was fun to get up to date on you and your cute family from your blog. Incidentally, I ran a half marathon in August too, but mine was the Provo River one. It was my first (and maybe last). :) Your boys are so cute!
Jen Swendsen
thurber55.blogspot.com (my family's blog, so not all the posts are ours)
Hannah! I saw your blog address from Lindsi's and was so excited to see how you guys are doing! Way to go on that 1/2 marathon! That is awesome! I am excited to keep checking your blog...it's such a good way to stay connected with "far away friends." You can see ours by going to www.morinfam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment