Sunday, October 14, 2007

Albequerque!

We just got back from an excellent trip down the Albequerque to visit my sister and he family. We went down during "Balloon Fiesta" which we thought was really cool. If you haven't heard of it...pretty much, all these hot air ballooners come in to town and there are tons of hot air balloons everywhere for like 2 weeks. They just take off and land all over the place. It's way neat!


You can also go down on the field at night and see them all lit up and walk around. We did that one night and it was really fun! I don't have very many good pictures of that, but here's one of a United van hot air balloon lit up.

That was another thing- there were so many different shapes of balloon... cow, pepsi can, pig, panda, a haunted house, a rocket, sunshine, bees, train, etc. Way cool! The best was just hopping in the car and driving around trying to find some that were landing or taking off or just low in the sky. We came accross one balloon that just touched down and was waiting for their crew to catch up with them on land. We ended up getting out of our van and helping them hang onto their basket and keep the balloon on the ground until their crew showed up. It was way cool! I was amazed at how much effort it was taking to keep that balloon from going anywhere!




We also went to a Pumpkin Patch and played for a while. We went on a hayride, climbed a big hay tower, went down these really cool slides that were buried in a big hill, played in a big box full of corn, shot some little pumpkins in a big sling shot, etc.









We also went to Lowes and helped the little kids built their own firetruck. This was a really neat project. The kids loved it, they got a toy out of it and it didn't cost anything. I guess all Lowes and Home Depots do these projects every few weeks, so you should look into it if you haven't. Here is Sam trying out the new firetruck he helped make.


We had a blast in Albakerkey and loved visiting with Sarah and her clan. Thanks, Sarah and Scott!

4 comments:

Russell said...

So, Betsy says that's Sarah hanging on to the balloon basket but I think it looks like a 9-year-old wearing a shirt Sarah might wear. In any case, I'm off to Lowes because I want a firetruck too.

Abby Marie said...

AMEN! I was totally going to make the same comment Russ made. Good thing I read his comment because that would be embarassing to write the sAme thing. Also, you spelled Albuquerque wrong...no one ever does that so you should be embarassed. Finally, I can't believe I didn't get to go on that trip!

cassie said...

Hey I am finding you guys everywhere! I love how close your family is even though you are so far away from each other. The world needs to learn from the Porter family. You guys are amazing.

Lindsi said...

Now guess who's getting bored because of your lack of posts. I'll give you 3 hints: her name rhymes with windsi, her name starts with and l, her name isn't lwindsi. I hope New York was/is fun! Can't wait to read your post about it ;).