Sunday, October 26, 2008

Decorate

I am no decorator. I'd like to be. I'm amazed by people who can make something adorable out of nothing. That's not me. But, I do try atleast. Here are some things that I've done in the last while.
First, is our kitchen update...
We painted one wall green and another half green with a white chair rail. (The window is from an antique store)

We took down our old, frustrating vertical blinds in front of our sliding door and put up this shelf (Joe and Andy made for us)and a curtain.

And then got some decor. The table we got off Craigslist which is what inspired the whole thing.

Here are those letters that I was talking about in the last post. I ended up just nailing them in. :)


This was Kendall's mom's toy box when she was a little girl. We got it from his grandma and painted it and got some pillows. Cute entry bench, eh?

My mom helped me with these pillows to dress up our couches.




6 comments:

Sarah said...

I like it all...way to go!

stubz said...

Wow - Hannah - I'm impressed! So cute!

Andy Porter said...

What do you mean when you say "that's not me"? You do a great job. Your house is beautiful! I love everything you've done. Very cute. Thanks for the plug too:)

Ben Porter said...

Hannah, some antiques are really just old junk. If you ask me, you got ripped off on that window. You can't even see through it!

Ashlee said...

So cute Hannah :) I REALLY like that toy chest turned bench. It looks really good.

Salem said...

I'm loving all the antiques/pre-used items!!! That's the best way to decorate in my book! Looks cute!