Monday, October 13, 2008

To do List

Last week was crazy. Amidst new callings, wedding celebrations, a hotel stay and Kendall's brother returning from his mission, I realized that my house has been seriously neglected. So I've got quite a TO DO list.

1. Clean all the bathrooms (Yuk!)

2. Sweep and mop the kitchen

3. Pickup the millions of clothes and shoes strewn all over the house and figure out where they go.

4. Vacuum. Everywhere.

5. Figure out what to do with the pile of corn on the cob sitting on the counter from Aunt Jill's garden.

6. The snow on the ground this morning makes me think it's officially time to put away all the summer clothes and unpack all the winter ones.

7. I bought these cute letters at the Provo Craft Outlet and I really want to paint them and adhere them to the wall in the playroom...an alphabet border. (Any suggestions on the best adhesive to use for that. I want them to be stuck there forever.)


8. Clean out my old purse that i haven't been using in 2+ weeks so that i can get it off the counter.
9. And last but not least...loads and loads of laundry. The only reason I'm okay with this one is because then I can fold them while I watch "Chuck" tonight and not feel guilty about the hour in front of the TV when I have a huge TO DO list. I'm not going to miss Chuck. :)

And here I am blogging about my TO DO list instead of actually doing it. I guess I better get up and get working....

10. While I've been typing this the boys and made necessary a #10....pick up all the toys that were dumped out of the bags (meant to be donated to the nursery) and onto the living room floor.

7 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Don't you love it?? For some reason Sunday does that to our house. Mondays always seem so overwhelming. I'll be thinking of you as I'm doing laundry today too. Wowie on your new calling. I'm sure you'll be wonderful. Good luck!
Cute letters! You can use liquid nails, or even just nail them in..or both.

Sarah said...

If you made #11 "Post my to do list on my blog" you could already cross something off.

natalie said...

What is your new calling?
That's pretty cool you posted your to-do list on your blog. Now we can all hold you to it! :) Just kidding:) Good luck!

Ben Porter said...

Hannah, hot glue works great for wooden letters - but just plain wood glue wood work too.

Abby Marie said...

Here is a list of a few good adhesives: super glue, duct tape, permanent wall mounting stickers, tree sap, boogers, and mod podge or modge podge or mod pod whatever that stuff is.

Jim Porter said...

Solder, rivets, epoxy, or welding might give a more permanent attachment.

Hannah said...

Wow! Thanks, family for all the great adhesive advice! If the nails don't work from andy's advice, I may go in the mountains to collect some tree sap per Abby's suggestion. And, since I am looking for something that my boys can't rip off, I may just try "Jim's" (is that you, Dad?) advice as I'm sure soldering or welding the carboard letters to the drywall will work wonders. Thanks all!