I took zero actual pictures from our weekend. Here's a recap anyway...
Kendall came back in town Wednesday night. (Yea!)
Thursday morning we headed over to Kendall's grandma's house in Tremonton. (exotic, I know)
We ate a scrumptous Thanksgiving meal.
Later, his mom, stepdad and little bro joined us back at our house for a rousing game of Pit.
They stayed the night here so they could wake up in the middle of the night to go shopping (I stayed in bed asleep).
They stayed the night here so they could wake up in the middle of the night to go shopping (I stayed in bed asleep). They all made it out alive and Kendall even managed to fight off the ravenous crowds at Walmart and make it out with our new giant TV.
Then we went to Michael McLean's Forgotten Carols which we've done every year for the last 5 years. It is wonderful, touching, funny.... we highly recommend trying to catch it if it comes to your area.

All in all, I think it would be what we'd call a Thanksgiving success. Now, my goal is to complete every titch of my Christmas shopping this week so I don't have to enter another store until January. (And that is how you survive Christmas with a smile on your face. Stay home! Do fun things at your house with family and friends. No shopping. No eating out. No trying to get around Logan on a more-than-usually busy Main Street. )
The end.
5 comments:
Wow Kendall, I am amazed you made it out alive with that TV. I only braved the online crowds, who aren't quite as ravenous. Did you hear about the worker who was trampled to death by TV buyers?
Now that you guys have a flat screen, we may consider visiting again! :)
Cool TV. I went shopping on Friday morning and saw TONS of people with large TVs I started feeling anxiety because I must have been missing out on a great deal.
Luckily we were on vacation and had no way of getting something that size home so I was able to resist that urge. When you have to put rabbit ears on a large flat screen it loses some of it's coolness.
Ha ha, Adam. Yea, we have to get cool stuff occasionally to keep our friends.
I love that it was Kendall who woke up in the wee hours of the morning. I remember him talking about how much he loves going.
I love your advice about how to enjoy the Christmas season. Wise words indeed. My parents used to play pit. Is it fun? I was little so I just remember the bell and that's about it.
Post a Comment