This is baby Sam laying on the blankie. It's a Noah's ark print on one side.
I packed it for our trip to Idaho. I don't remember ever having it at the cabin. I'm convinced it's at the Sleep Inn in Boise where we stayed the night before arriving at the cabin. I've called them several times. They say they haven't seen it, but I'm convinced it's there. Where else could it be? When we didn't have it at the cabin, I thought it was possible that I didn't pack it even though I was pretty sure I had. When we got home and it wasn't here... I was starting to get worried. Maybe it's beside the wall and the bed where Sam slept at the hotel. I called them again. Someone goes to check. She says they didn't find anything. Tonight Sammy was crying before bed because he "misses my blue blankie". And I am fighting back tears. I had no idea that I was so attatched to the thing.
Does anyone have any information as to it's whereabouts? (like, family... did you see it at the cabin anywhwere?) I'm not giving up yet! If I can't find this thing I swear I will find the exact same fabric out there and make an identical one. Except it won't be as faded or have that tear in the corner where it fell down and I ran over it with the stroller on one of our walks to Temple Square when Sam was a baby and we lived in Salt Lake.
And this is Sam last year asleep with his blue blankie on him (as usual).
This is the other side...solid baby blue.
3 comments:
How sad! I don't remember seeing it at the cabin either. There aren't too many things that I save, but I do want to keep at least a piece of the kids shredded blankies. I hope it turns up! Good luck!
So sad! Isn't it amazing the things you will do to find something for your little guy? I bet you've thought about driving to that little hotel to check it out yourself! Only a mom could know, Blankies are important!
Awww, that's sad. I know exactly what you're talking about when kids get attached to things. Kaylee had a blankie like that and it pretty much feel apart from all the use. I hope you find it, but if not i'm sure he'll take a replacement. Good luck.
Post a Comment