Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby animals, eggs and hunts

Easter Weekend
Kendall was out of town Monday- Thursday and we knew he was leaving again on Monday for the whole week, so we decided to have a super fun weekend (especially because he had Friday off of work!)


We went to "Baby Animal Days" which they do every year up here. Here are some pictures of the fun stuff there was to do...

Sam feeding a horse and then holding a baby turtle...


Here they are shearing a sheep and Luke is feeling the wool.

Brigg had fun too!








And, of course, they got to ride a pony! The one minute ride was well worth the half hour in line...I think.





We then drove to Layton and went out to eat. We stayed in a hotel that night and did lots of swimming and then to one of our favorites the next day.... ChuckECheese!








We went back home Saturday night and did our traditional Easter basket scavenger hunts in the morning. I love finding Easter baskets this way. The strips of paper just have pictures on them now, but we'll write out clues as they get older.


We colored eggs on Sunday since we were out playing all weekend. I didn't buy an egg dye kit, but it turns out vinegar-water and food coloring works great.





My friend Lindsi and her fam were in Logan and stopped in to say Hi to us too. She's great at dying eggs.

And then Kendall left the next day for Pittsburgh. By the time Friday night rolled around, Sam was so excited to have him come home, that he woke up in the night and came into my room looking for Kendall (he wasn't quite home yet), but he stayed there so he could see him when he made it in.


4 comments:

Andy Porter said...

What??!! All these years of buying egg dye..grrr. Looks like you guys know how to have fun..lucky kids!! I love the pic of sleeping Sam.

Valerie said...

Your kids are definitely not cookie cutter kids. I love how they each look so different, yet you can tell their brothers. Brigg is getting big! I'm glad you had a fun Easter!

Abby Marie said...

kind of weird that Valerie had to point out your kids aren't cookie cutters. Clearly they are human beings. See you soon!

Ashlee said...

What fun activities! I think my favorite pic is of Sam waiting for his daddy. That is precious.