Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fathers Day Card

My sister in law, Andrea, has a super cute blog where she displays all the creativity that oozes from her in the form of home decor. Every week she has "Creative Cats Tuesday" where you can share something creative that you've been doing. I've been wanting to participate, but I'm not so creative and rarely have a project I'm working on. Today I have atleast something that I've done lately, so I thought I better take the chance to participate.
My friend, Rachel, does a card club and invited me to join recently. Every month, you make 13 of the same card (whatever kind of card you want) and then we all meet up and swap cards. You give one of your cards to everyone and come home with 13 cute cards other people made! I found the idea for this card on makeandtakes.com. It was fun and easy to make and I think it's a cute, simple card for Father's Day. The tie is actually stitched on. I also got some spray adhesive which Andy raved about recently and used that to adhere the different colored layers of paper. It made it SO fast and easy!

There ya have it.

8 comments:

Andy Porter said...

This part of the comment is referring to the statement,"I'm not so creative"...just imagine me making a big "W" with my fingers and holding it up to my head....WHATEVER!! You are always doing something amazingly creative!!
ok...here's the rest of my comment:
I LOVE the card!! What a cute Father's day gift! Was it hard to stitch thru the paper w/o tearing it? It really turned out great and I'm sure all 13 participants were happy with it! Thanks!

Stitchnmom said...

The card looks awesome! I might just have to make a couple!

Hannah said...

You poke holes in the paper using a push pin before you stitch it. You just print out the pattern and then use that to know where to poke them. Really easy.

adamf said...

My SIL has done some of those card groups as well. I almost dislike getting them, however, because it almost makes you feel guilty for doing anything with it other than framing it above the mantle. At the same time, greeting card companies make way too much money for what they put out, so well done!

Hannah said...

Adam, I know what you mean, but if you ever get a card from us, feel free to throw it away. It's just a fun thing to do...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they just got thrown out.

adamf said...

Hahaha, you totally know I have all of your cards in a special book, although it is not a framed book.

Sarah said...

Very cute Han!

Anonymous said...

It was a really cute card, one of my favorites from the swap!