Sunday, August 9, 2009

I had a birthday, shout hooray.

It was my birthday. Kendall is way good at planning surprise celebrations. You might remember last year's surprises. Well, this year was no different...

The night before my birthday, Kendall got me a hotel room in town to stay in all by myself. That might seem weird (and I thought so at first too), but it was actually great! I had so much peace and quiet and got to sit down with my dinner and watch "What Not to Wear" on TLC and then fall asleep and not wake up all night! Heaven.

I started off the morning of my birthday with the Cache Valley Super Sprint Triathlon. Kendall and the boys were several places along the route cheering me on. Sam and Luke were dressed as Spiderman and Batman and held a sign saying, "My mom is a superhero!" It was so cute and I SO wish I had a picture of it!

When I came in from the bike portion of the race, my sister and her husband were there cheering me on. How nice of them to come! But, not all that weird. They have other family up here and tend to be going and doing something most of the time. I headed off on the run portion, the last part of the race. When I came into the finish line, I see my little sister, Abby there...and then I keep looking and see my mom and dad....and my little brother, Caleb, and Kendall's brother.....and his dad...and even my grandparents! I'm sure I had the biggest cheering section of anyone at the race. It was such a surprise and so fun to see them all there! Kendall had invited everyone up, cleaned the entire house, put up birthday decorations, and prepared a yummy lunch (all while I was having a nice restful night at the hotel). We all went back to the house to eat and celebrate my birthday.

This is me seeing everyone as I ran to the finish. I know that I don't look great. Remember I am just finishing a race, people.
And blowing out the candles. I have a video of this, but my camera just died and I don't feel like waiting for it to charge.

I have the best husband! I loved having my family up here...it made me feel so special that they'd drive a couple of hours up here just for me! Thanks, Kendall, for putting that all together and to everyone else that came for it. I love you all!

And I could let this pass without noting that this is my 100th post. Woot!

8 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Hannah!! What a sweet husband you have! Smart smart guy. You deserve it all!

R said...

yes, that is a very thoughtful hubby!!! I buy my own presents so a whole party planned is amazing to me.

Valerie said...

That sounded like a really fun birthday. Way to go Kendall! I love it when the men in this family go way above and beyond for their wives. It motivates Ben to do something for me!

And Hannah, you look buff! Way to go on the Triathlon!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

oh my gosh your awesome!! aren't triathlons the best? I love them so much, but be careful you can get hooked! and what a great birthday! Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and great job on the race!!! That's awesome:)

Salem said...

Happy Birthday! Way to celebrate by doing a Tri!!! Looks like fun...

Andy Porter said...

I love that he works so hard to figure out special things for you!! That rocks!! I wish we could have been there!! I'm glad you had a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Triple points to Kendall! That is awesome that you completed the race, and that your family could be there. Hope your b-day was happy.