Thursday, September 3, 2009

Luke

This is Luke. Our soon to be three year old! I can't believe how big he's getting lately. It used to be that he just wanted to do everything by himself, even though he wasn't able to much. Now, he really can and does do a lot for himself.

Here are a few things about Luke you should know...

1. He doesn't like Peanut butter sandwiches...not even with jelly or honey. He also doesn't like milk and he likes his apples peeled, but not cut up.

2. He loves his brothers! He follows Sam around all day and can make Brigg laugh like no one else. I think Brigg appreciates that Luke just treats him like his brother...not like a little baby like everyone else does.

3. Luke is sweet. He can get his feelings hurt pretty easily sometimes, but he also says things like, "Mom, you're the best mom. You're so beatiful and sweet." or "Mom, I like you." on a daily basis.

4. Luke is smart. Not much gets by him. He's struggling right now wanting to be in preschool. In retrospect, maybe I should have done a joy school or something with him. But, his birthday is in September which means he still has 3 years until Kindergarten. He and I decided to do a "Luke and Mom Preschool" while Sam's at his school and Brigg's asleep. It's nothing much, but I think it helps life feel a little more fair to Luke and gives us some much needed one on one.

5. Luke likes to have a lot of things with him when he sleeps. I tried to get a picture of it below (see his teddy and doggy to his right and on his left he has a cheeta, rubber duckie key chain and a pig beanie baby). He's done this forever and it's really cute. He doesn't stay up and play with them, he just likes having his animals by him in bed.

I don't know what we'd do with out our Luke. He's our careful child. Funny and silly, yet thoughtful and cautious. Love him!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love him too!

Abby Watson said...

i can't believe he is almost 3!!!! he's a big giant sweetheart.