We also cut down our front tree. It was dead. We were sure we'd killed it. We don't have green thumbs...they're black actually. We have a knack for killing plants. We found out there is a certain way to trim this type of tree long after we had already hacked away at it in our own way. So, when it began to die, we figured it was our fault. Yesterday, we chopped it down. We did it with a hatchet (and when I say "we", I mean mostly Kendall). And as the branches came off, we found something out.
We didn't kill this tree! It wasn't us! We could have thrown a party...we were so glad that our black thumbs hadn't caused another casualty in our yard. No. This time, it was these little guys...

The tree was full of little tunnels and little whitish worms. They killed the tree. Not us. Isn't that great?
On another note, I finally posted the final look at Brigg's new room over at Poppies at Play today. Go take a look, if you're interested.
5 comments:
Congrats on finding a worm filled tree!
It's soooo great that you are not responsible for your dead tree? You crack me up. Love you
ewwwwww. worms are the grossest things ever. I would have stopped cutting down my tree and run out of the yard...I probably would have sold my house to escape the nasty white worms. I found a worm on my kitchen table the other day and almost had a heart attack. I've been cutting open every piece of fruit and vegetable since then to make sure no worms lived inside. eugh.
Hey hannah! I just checked out your crafty blog... very cool! Also, to get your pictures big you have to change the last part of the pictures html code... if you loaded it as a large then it will say s400 (size 400). I am pretty sure only one part of the code says that and it is definitely towards the end of the code. Then all you do is change it to s800. The problem with it is that you have to expand the post layout section of your blog to accomidate the larger pictures. I have no idea how I did that... I googled it and did it a long time ago. The only thing that stinks about doing that is that you lose the ability to have a cute background. Minima is basically the only option. Hope you are doing good!
Chopping down stuff with a hatchet? Come on, Kendall. Where is your machete? :)
It's great to see pictures of your family. What cute kids!
Post a Comment