- My boys love telling jokes. Their favorites are "Knock, Knock" and "Why did the chicken cross the road?". Unfortunately, they really don't get the concept of why jokes are funny, so they just say anything they can think of. "Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he wanted to watch a show!" Or "Knock, Knock...who's there? Apple....Apple who? Apple in a basket!" Brigg constantly says, "Chicken...road?" Kendall told them the interrupting cow knock knock joke yesterday and I think they actually got that one. They all laughed and laughed and took turns telling it....correctly...over and over.
- Brigg's first three word sentence was "Do it self".
- Luke thinks there is nothing in this world funnier than potty words. Poop, toot, stinky, etc. He just laughs and laughs. I should say that all my boys think these are funny, but Luke seems to especially these days. Their favorite thing is to tell Brigg to say them, which he does. And all three of them laugh hysterically. I try to discourage this and ask them to talk nicely, but I never push super hard on this. It's one of those boy things I just don't understand, but is, apparently, quite normal and expected.
- Actually, Luke has started to be quite the comedian all around. He can be super silly and loves when he makes his brothers laugh. His laugh is the best. Also, he carries things around with him for days at a time. He loves containers....boxes, bags, you name it. He just fills them with things and then carries them around with him forever. They usually even sleep with him and, when he needs to leave them, he has some secret hiding spots to keep them safe from his brothers.
- Sam has been doing great in his Preschool lately. We've started carpooling with a little boy down the street. We're on pick up duty, which I love, because when I ask Sam if he was good at school today (the answer is always "yes"), Logan is there to correct him if he's wrong. "No you weren't, Sam." I love it. But, he's been doing well and working hard on his writing. He wants to write things all the time. He also wants to play with friends every minute of every day, which actually only happens maybe once a week.
- I'm realizing that Sam loves having responsibilites and wants to be in charge of things around the house....I'm trying to allow this more, even though it slows things down. He sees himself as a big boy and wants to be treated that way. He can make his own sandwiches, gets the mail for me everyday, makes his bed daily and loves to help with setting the table. He takes his job as big brother very seriously and is quick to point out when he's done something to help his little brothers. He also wants a sister and brings this up frequently.
- Brigg still has a milk sensitivity of some sort and I'm currently making a food diary for him, trying to figure out if their might be something more than dairy that bothers him. It's hard to be completely dairy free, especially when I find Brigg at the kitchen table drinking from Sam's milk cup. It's definitely changed what I choose to make for dinner, though. I hate having to make something special for Brigg (and he hates not having the same thing as everyone else).
- Brigg doesn't care about TV or movies. He never pays any attention to them. The other day, though, I borrowed a "Signing Time" movie. It's all about animal signs and Brigg LOVES it. He knows all sorts of animal signs now and I think that's adorable.
- Kids love books. It's funny how they would be fine just reading the same one over and over again, too. I read this funny one at my parent's house called "Pete's a Pizza". It's about a little boy who was upset about not being able to play outside because of the rain. To cheer him up, his dad decides to make him into a pizza. Really cute and funny!
- Luke picks me Dandelions daily.
- Sam always thinks to say a prayer in the car when we're going for a longer drive.
- Brigg loves to come lay in our bed in the morning.
- All Brigg wants for his birthday is a "birthday card".
- Sam wants a party where he can invite everyone he's ever met (though sometimes he intentionally leaves Luke off the list to make him sad) and have a pinata.
- We're trying to really stress proper behavior in the store. Something about being in a store makes my boys go wild. The rules are to be calm and quiet an stay by Mom. If they don't follow them, we do a 5 minute 'practice' at home....sitting silently and still on the couch. I'm sick of feeling frazzled and out of control when I need to go to the store during the day.
- For a bedtime song, Luke always asks for "Oh I often Sit and Ponder" and Sam always asks for "You are my Sunshine". Always. Brigg wants "Twinkle, Twinkle" and then 2 lines in he wants "Child God" and then two lines in he wants "Sunshine", etc.
- Sam talks about wanting to move. Luke gets sad when he does and says he never wants to move to a new house.
- Apparently, Sam is also telling people that our cat is going to have babies. My friend asked me about this and I told her, "nope. Our cat's a boy." When I talked to Sam about it and told him that Cougar was a boy and couldn't have babies (oh, and don't tell people things that aren't true), he was genuinely upset and said he wanted a girl cat.
- When we were reading scriptures a while back, it was Brigg's turn and I asked him to say "Lamanite". He looked at me and didn't say anything, but put 2 fingers up behind his head.
- Kendall and I always go check on the boys before we go to bed. I love this. I love seeing them snuggly sleeping, calm and content. I love my 3 little boys and would be blessed to have a few more of them.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Just some thoughts about my kids....
Sam and Luke are constantly asking me to tell them stories from when they were babies. They want specifics on things and I just can't remember specifics that well. Here's everything I can think of about these kids right now. When they're a little older and asking for stories about when they were little, maybe this will help...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
What sweet memories to record! They are going to love having this! Right now Jesse has decided that for his homework reading time, he wants to read the journal I'm writing for him. I love to look at his face as he sits there and reads what he was like as a baby.
Have you tried the Baby Einstein movies? Those are the only other shows besides signing time that would work for my kids that weren't interested in t.v. It's so nice to have something to occupy them for a half hour sometimes. We've got extra VCR tapes if you want them. If you have a VCR:)
Your kids seriously have the best personalities! They definitely get it from you! and I am sure the hub
Do we have a VCR? Are you kidding me? We stock pile them! I think we have 3 spares in our crawl space. We are against children's movies on DVD....VHS's are so much more durable! We will have them as long as we have a functional VCR...thus the spares!
soo much individuality in all those kids. I love them to death.
what is VCR and VHS? :)
Post a Comment