Coronado
We took a little ferry boat from San Diego to Coronado. We had a super fun and relaxing afternoon there. We rented a "surrey" (see picture) and pedaled around the island, mainly on the path right along the ocean. We came across a park and stopped to let the kids play a bit. We got some lunch and played in the sand while we waited to catch the ferry back.

And then we headed off to Anaheim.
Disneyland
We checked into our hotel, had a little snack (Oreos and milk...yum!)
and while we were on the laptop figuring things out for the next day, we heard fireworks! We had a nice view of the Disneyland fireworks from outside our hotel room. How fun!
In the morning, we woke up and headed to Disneyland! Alright, I might be scolded by some members of my family for this, but I cannot tell a lie.
Disneyland went something like this....
Waited in line for the little trams to take us from parking to the gates.
Waited in line for Nemo's submarine ride...
We saw Buzz Lightyear!! This was SO cool!
So, we waited in line to take a picture with him...
We got some cotton candy at some point. No wait for this.
But eating anything there required a bank loan.
Waited in line for the teacups...
And the Carousel...
And the little fairytale boat ride....
We got a "fast pass" for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters which made the line much shorter. We went on this twice because my boys loved it.
Toon town had some fun things that didn't have lines.
No more pictures. I guess we were spent by the end of the day. We waited at least 20 minutes for everything we did and even longer just to get back on a tram and to our car at the end of the day. The boys did surprisingly well, though I left wondering why we forked out the dough for it. I realized that when you go to Disneyland can make a huge difference in your experience. We chose a Wednesday, very beginning of June. I thought we'd be okay. But, apparently it was "8th Grade Disneyland Day" and the park was inundated with tweens on their end of year field trip. Probably the best thing is to spend a whole week just at Disneyland. That way, when you get only 2 rides in every hour, it's okay because you can just come back tomorrow. Though, I can't imagine doing that for a week.
The vacation was a blast. So many fun things! I hope they remember some of it. If not, at least this blog is proof that it happened.
We left the next morning and headed all the way home.
You want to know what the boys liked best? The beach.
The only free thing we did.
The only free thing we did.



















3 comments:
How spontaneous of you guys to take a trip like that!!! I love it:) Looks like you had a good time:)
Awesome Vacation! You guys should have let me know you were going to Disneyland! I could have saved you a boat of money! That would have made the lines more bearable.
I love trips like that! You are super parents. I think you created some wonderful memories that your kids will remember someday.
Post a Comment