Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Devotional

Last weekend was a fun one.  My Dad was asked to be the speaker for BYU Devotional. This is a big deal and I have been so anxious and excited for the event. It gave us an excuse to take a couple of days off of school and work and spend a long weekend with my family.  So nice!

Here are the boys running around on campus, just outside the Marriot Center. I love BYU...


Here we are gathering in our seats and waiting for the meeting to start....

My dad 'busting' Brigg, And my little bro, Caleb. 

There he is. The man of the hour....anxious for things to start. And there's Betsy. Pregnant.

My little sis, Abby and my cousin of some sort, Drew.  They gave the prayers. 

Front row seats!
That's my mom in the teal suit. And Abby again...behind. 



Ready to go!
My dad did a great job on his talk!  I ended up having to sneak out right passed a camera during the choir's opening number with Dodge who decided to start screaming.  I watched the rest of it in a little room with a TV in it just off of the floor. The rest of the boys were kept entertained with my mom's iPad. Thank goodness!  This was taped live and I was nervous about what was going to happen, being on the front row and all.

What a cool experience!
 His talk will be aired again this Sunday, April 3 @ 8:00AM on BYU-TV or here I think they will have a text copy of it available soon as well.


Go dad!

10 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

Wow, what an amazing experience. Those pictures definitely make me miss BYU!

Abby Watson said...

My outfit looks funny. Darn.

Unknown said...

that is so awesome!!! what a big opportunity for him and i'm sure he did great:) look forward to watching it.

Ben Porter said...

Looks like fun. I missed it. I can't wait for it to be available online.

Hannah said...

Yeah, Ben! You need to watch it....there's a whole story in there about your bad grades. :)

Valerie said...

Thanks so much for posting this. Makes me miss every one so much. Your mom looks cute in her suit. Abby looks cute.
Betsy looks cute pregnant.
You probably look cute too but there is no picture of you.

I will be waking up early on Sunday to make sure we don't miss this again. 7am our time right?

Hannah said...

I think you look cute, Abby. Except, the picture isn't good and it makes your legs look WHITE. I had to think if you wore white tights or something for a minute. :)

Hannah said...

And Val...I guess it would be 7 your time? You should look up the info on BYU TV to be sure.

Betsy said...

Hannah, you really could have cropped me out of that picture. NO PICTURES ALLOWED WHILE I'M PREGNANT!

Hannah said...

What's 'cropping'? :)