Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sam is 6!

Today is Sam's birthday! He is 6!

It is also his last day of Kindergarten. I can't believe the year is over! And I can't believe he'll be in 1st grade in just a few months....and gone so long everyday at school.  Kindergarten has been wonderful for Sam.  He has really learned a lot. I am most grateful that he learned self control.  His school was wonderful to be very consistent with their rules and consequences. He had to go to the refocus room a total of three times, but that was months ago....he hasn't been since before Christmas.  I'm super proud of him! He loved going to school every single day.  He never complained or said he didn't want to go.  His teacher tells me that he is friends with everyone in the class and is very social. We knew that already....he's been social since he was born. :) I love Sam.  He brings a lot of light and color into my life.  I love watching him grow and mature. I can really count on him to be my helper when I need him. I can't believe it was 6 years ago that we spent the night at LDS Hospital hooked up to a million different things waiting for this little guy to come.  What a wonderful experience that was for me. And raising him has been wonderful too. I'm so grateful to have him.

This is Sam with his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Schmidt.  We love her. 


We had an alien birthday party for Sam last weekend.   Everyone got alien antenna and an alien name tag (with their alien name and the name of their planet) as they came in.  They made their own spaceships with silver plastic bowls.  We got some dome lids from 7-11 and glued those on the top with a little plastic alien.  They decorated their spaceships with stickers and they were filled with candy and some more little aliens.
This doubled as a craft for the party and also their take home thing.



We played pin the alien on the spaceship at Sam's request.  Kendall made an awesome blindfold for the game.




Present time is always a hit.  Look how excited Sam is here! We got him a tee ball set, a science experiment kit and a little magic kit. He's loved them all.  His friends were all so nice to bring gifts and Sam's had a blast all week playing with his new toys.  Grandpa Andersen and Grace also brought great stuff which Sam has loved....especially the water guns and his own suit for church. 


Then, we had some cake and ice cream.  We made a planet cake.  



Tonight, he gets to choose dinner.  At first he told me he wanted Ramen. Then he changed it to steak and shrimp (that's a jump!).  Then, he finally settled on chicken with a handle.

Happy Birthday, Sam!

2 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!! We love you!! I'm still giggling that he jumped from Ramen to steak and shrimp. He he he...that's cute.

Valerie said...

I can't believe that school is already over for him! I also can't believe that he is 6. Great lil' man with a great lil' family!