Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The birthday party!

Luke has been really excited about having a birthday party.  When we were moving to a new house so close to his birthday, I was worried we wouldn't know any kids to invite.  Not so! It worked out great to invite a handful of kids from right here on our street that we have gotten to know well over the last month.  Yea! After all kinds of deliberation, he decided on a Halloween birthday party.  So, the kids all wore their costumes and had some Halloween/Birthday fun......



We did all the traditional birthday things that my kids always want to do.  Pin the pumpkin face (ahem...napkin) to the sparkly pumpkin table decor thing that I taped on the wall. 

This ghost pinata is what inspired Luke to choose a Halloween party. 

It does have a face on the other side.  Notice the basketball hoop that Kendall and I stayed up until midnight putting together one night. 


Everyone got a little pumpkin and could decorate it with all kinds of face stickers and then take it home!





We had some cake pops a few weeks ago that Abby made.  Luke loved them and wanted them for his party instead of cake.

They'd be a lot easier if they didn't need to look like anything. The dipping in melted chocolate step was tricky and I never did get one that looked super smooth.  Oh well! They're ghosts, right? 
Happy Birthday party to Luke!  

3 comments:

Abby Watson said...

ohhhhh those cake pops are AWESOME! I love how they are not round--it really makes them look ghosty. That looks like a really fun birthday party, wish I could have been there!
Love you Luke!

Ben Porter said...

add a bit of shortning to the melted chocolate and it goes on smoother. Anyway, you made them look more like ghosts! Good job! ... now I'm craving cake pops.

Andy Porter said...

What a fun party! Where did you get those cute face stickers?? I'd love to do that instead of carving:)