Thursday, October 6, 2011

First Birthday!

  Dodge turned 1!








He was tired and full and not feeling 100% and he didn't love his own little cake like we hoped he would. 

Dodge is our first to make it all the way to one without getting a single tooth.  He is by far our best sleeper and I'm continually amazed at how well he falls asleep no matter where we are....even in his seat in the middle of church!  He stands up on his own a lot and cruises along the furniture.  He waves at everyone, loves to press any buttons, loves his mom and dad and sometimes his brothers. He loves animals and says "kkkk" whenever he sees our cat or any other cat or any dog or hears a dog barking.  I'm not sure what "kkk" means....maybe kkkk for cat?

The feature that gets him the most attention...his crazy hair! He has a natural mohawk.  People always ask me if I cut it that way...nope! He was born with style. :)

He is so cute!  And he is SO little!
One year stats....
16 lbs 14 oz   Somewhere well below the lowest line on the curve
28 1/2 inches 10%
18 inch head 20%

My mission right now...fatten him up! Butter on everything! Peanut butter on everything else.  He eats well, but he's just not gaining weight adequately.  I'm trying hard for a month and then we're going to do another weight check and see where he is and what to do about it.

Love our little Dodge.  I can't imagine life without him in it.

3 comments:

Abby Watson said...

Ohhhhh. Sad he wasn't feeling very well! I think it's hilarious that he has a sad face in most of the pictures--Mean old parents giving him his own giant Reeses peanut butter cake.

Valerie said...

I want a piece of that cake!

Jon and Melissa said...

I can't believe Dodge it already one! We miss your family. It sounds like you live in a neighborhood similar to our last one-lucky! We are kind of lonesome with just a few neighbors, but we are starting to get settled and adjusted. Happy birthday Dodge!