Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cruise

Kendall and I booked a cruise to celebrate his graduation!  Mom and Dad took Luke and Brigg and Janice took Dodge and Sam.  Thank you!!

We left from Miami....


We had a day at sea where we did a lot of this...



and saw things like this....


Then, we went to....
COZUMEL, Mexico


 Where we rented this....
 And drove along the coast....


And to Gervasio to see some Mayan ruins....





The next day we went to Belize where we had pre-booked cave tubing online. 
Thanks, David and Angela, for the tip on the company! Our dinner buddies, Courtney and Mark Anthony, came along too! Fun times!!


There's Courtney and Mark Anthony right behind us.  It was their Honeymoon! 

It was a rainy day, so our hike through the forest to the river was muddy and wet, but I think that made it even more fun. I wish we had pictures of the actual cave part, but just know that it was a really unique and fun experience.  We  floated down the river in tubes and right into giant caves where we just laid back and looked around at the stalactites and bat holes and other cave formations.


Here's Courtney jumping off of those rocks.  After the tubing, we saw some people jumping off and thought it would be fun.  Yes, family, I even jumped off....and I was the first of our group to do it. Take that.


Then, we went to Roatan, Honduras.  This island was beautiful!

We rented another car (not nearly as cool as our old Beetle in Cozumel, though. This one actually had a radio and AC and didn't feel like the engine might drop out).  We followed a map to a place that the map said had monkeys.  I just wanted to see some monkeys!

It also ended up having Macaws...
Notice he is licking Kendall's head.
 And these other little green birds that said, "hola!"

But, the monkeys were definitely the coolest!

Check out this video. Kendall was just filming to show how fun the monkeys were to watch climbing around.  Then, you'll hear me "yelp!" and the camera shake.....a money jumped across my head and onto Kendall's shoulders! That's when I take the camera and show the monkey making himself at home on Kendall. SO FUN! I could've stayed with those monkeys all day. 


Our last port was GRAND CAYMAN where we found a snorkeling tour after we got off the ship.



We went to 3 different areas to snorkel.  The very best was the Stingray Sandbar.  The stingrays were everywhere! You'd feel them rub against your leg as they swam by and our guides were good at catching them so we could hold them. See....



I wasn't so sure about holding the thing.

Gotta love goggle face!



And then we still had one more day at sea to relax, eat meals that I didn't cook, have my bed made for me, and hang out with a guy that I think is funny....


We also had a lot of fun with our new friends Courtney and Mark Anthony (aka: "harriest man")....eating dinner, playing mini golf, attempting to play cards in the wind, falling asleep while watching a movie on deck (except Mark Anthony, I think...he was the only one that made it all the way through), playing charades, singing karaoke and watching the nightly shows.

It was a great vacation to celebrate and recuperate and we love and appreciate those that took over our life for a week so that we could do this! 

6 comments:

Gonzalez Crew said...

Thanks so much for the picture!!! I was able to save it from here. Again, it was so wonderful meeting you two.

Pokemon said...

What a fun trip! And I have to say that I am totally jealous. On my list of must dos before the day I die is hold a monkey. I may have to get the exact location from you for future reference. What fun!

Ashlee said...

Jealous! How fun! Note to self: Show Corey this post and make him promise we can do something similar! Graduating is a big deal and it ought to be celebrated. You guys did it in style! Awesome.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

So fun and good for you guys! I am glad you think Kendall is funny..LOL! I love tropical vacations. I have yet to hold a sting ray...nice!

Sarah said...

This actually made me jealous! Looks like a great time!

Valerie said...

I'm so glad you posted this, I had meant to ask you about it in Utah. You both deserved this trip! And, sorry we didn't say "goodbye" after the lights. It didn't dawn on me until we parted that I wouldn't see you again. I loved hanging out with you and your family and seeing your new home!