Wednesday, March 4, 2009

for Kendall, so I can clean

Kendall,
I just wanted to show you how cute the boys looked today in their space helmets (made of milk jugs and tin foil). They had a lot of fun at Sam's preschool field trip and learned a lot about the planets. It made me realize how little I know about them. I couldn't really even tell you the order they come in, even though I think there's a song or acronym or something I should know.


It was nice to go on a walk. Sam and Luke both ran and jumped and 'flew' and had a great time along the path (It was that River walk Trail...it has little things about all the planets as you go). Brigg was surprisingly content in the stroller and ended up falling asleep.

I also rerecorded that tape to DVD for my grandma Karen this morning (thanks Amber!), picked up that little tv/vcr, had my presidency meeting and did loads of laundry. Now the plan is to go fold it, put it away and pack for the weekend in Orem. I also plan on cleaning the upstairs bathrooms and hopefully leave the house super clean.

Which is why, now that you've seen these pictures of the kids, I can go throw the stuff away. Am I a bad mom for not saving all this stuff they do in Preschool and at church? Because I surely don't.

Love you. Travel safe.

4 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Yep, you're a really bad mom for not saving every single thing:) I think if we did that we would no longer have anywhere to sleep, we'd be over run with papers. At least you take pictures of it, that's better than I do. You made me want to take a walk with my kids. Yesterday we had micro-burst winds and today we have snow:(

adamf said...

The pictures are definitely a good idea. Nat made me one of those posters with a message spelled out with candy bars for valentine's day, and I managed to take a picture right before Liam destroyed it. :)

R said...

I toss the stuff too! I'm not into junk sitting around and getting broken and making a bigger mess.

Ashlee said...

Sheesh I hope we're not bad mom's for throwing things away! Sometimes I feel guilty too. My mother-in-law saved EVERYTHING of Corey's and it's fun enough to look through but with 5 kids she sure has a jam packet garage. Cars don't even fit. I'm hoping the blog will suffice for holding memories. My sister in law Whitney found an online scrapbooking type company that you can upload your blog to, edit, and then they will print you a book. I thought that was pretty cool since now that I am blogging I have absolutely no intention of scrapbooking ever again. If you want the link let me know :)