Monday, January 18, 2010

Would ya dance?


We went to a wedding reception of an old family friend of Kendall's. By the time we got there, the line was over and it was time for dancing. The reception hall was pretty. It was all lit up with twinkling white lights, beautiful center piece adorned tables and filled with the sounds of music. I could tell the boy's were kinda enchanted by the whole thing. They spotted the bride and groom right off and Sam especially wanted to go talk to them. After some mingling and nibbling, we headed to the dance floor. Brigg is a maniac. He loves to dance and had everyone in stitches as he hopped and swayed around the floor. Then, a slow song came on. I asked Luke if he wanted to dance and I picked him up and started spinning and dipping and having fun. I see Kendall crouched down talking to Sam, talking intently. I later learn the conversation went like this...

" Hey, Sam, why don't you go ask Mom to dance?"


Sam shakes his head, "I don't want to dance with Mom."


"Well, who do you want to dance with?"



Without saying a word, Sam points decidedly toward a little girl in a pink shirt, a couple of years older than him.


Kendall chuckles and tells him what he needs to do.


I see Sam nod happily and determined at his dad, hand him is coat and run off toward the girl. It took a minute for him to catch her, she was running around the floor with her friend. Sam finally caught up with her and, according to him, said, "Do you want to dance with me?" and she said, "Sure."


I didn't hear the conversation, but the next thing I see is her and Sam holding both hands together in front of them, swirling around the dance floor. He was quite happy. I kept expecting her to be done with it and pull away, but she seemed quite happy to dance with him until the song was over and our little ladies man joined back up with us.

6 comments:

Pokemon said...

Oh, it starts so young. That is such a cute story. I love it. The whole scenario made me smile. Don't you just wonder what the two girls were whispering. I can only imagine that little giggles were involved. So funny.

-Paige

P.S. I have been visiting every so often and am finally making a comment. I love all of your projects and your little family is so cute. Hope you're doing well.

Ashlee said...

Oh that picture at the bottom is priceless!

adamf said...

Um, why am I not surprised? What a stud. Next time Sam will be bleaching his hair, showing off his cell phone, and driving a used T-bird. :D

JenSwen said...

That is AWESOME! So funny that he even came up with the idea! What a cute little Cassanova.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

haha thats so awesome. He is a ladies man! I am quite impressed how their mind's can imagine and understand the whole scenario..and really we should learn from them, its really quite simple..we seem to make it so difficult when we get older.

Valerie said...

How cute! I'm glad you got pictures to document the event! You can definitely use that to tease Sam someday.